I lost myself for a while there while I was growing my business. I
want to tell you a little about it because it's a place I see many
spirit-centered coaches, practitioners and healers stuck in too.
As you have undoubtedly already figured out, there is a plethora of marketing and business-building advice and experts out there to choose from. The problem is that what they have to offer doesn't really address the specific needs, values and goals of the spiritually-oriented practitioner who isn't just out to grow a successful business but who wants to do it in complete integrity and alignment.
I have a strong spiritual core but up until about six months ago, it wasn't showing up strongly in my business. Like many entrepreneurs, I thought that if I wanted a successful 6-figure business, I had to do things the way everyone else was doing them, which effectively meant separating my "real" values from my business values.
It wasn't working for me. I don't mean financially, because as my business and marketing skills increased, so did my income. I liked that very much but something still felt "off" and was making it hard for me to find joy and fulfillment in the growth of my business.
When this discontent got so bad that I was feeling nauseous (literally) every time I sat down at my desk, I decided it was time to do the inner work needed to get to the source of the problem. I realized I was doing "what worked" (according to conventional marketing wisdom), but Spirit didn't have much room to show up.
The lesson here is how easy it is to lose your authentic voice in this process. You're not a cookie, so cookie cutter business strategies aren't going to work for you - just as they weren't for me. Typically, because the traditional marketing paradigm is seen as one of half truths and deception, we spirit-minded people want no part of it. So a lot of practitioners choose not to learn sales and marketing skills. But that's tossing the baby out with the bath water.
Sales and marketing are NOT inherently anti-spiritual. Nor are they separate from your ability to deliver your services. Sales and marketing are simply how you communicate the value of what you do to the people who could benefit most. (Any dishonesty lies in the intention of the marketer, not in the act of marketing.)
This is an absolutely critical mindset shift that needs to happen if you want to grow an authentically prosperous practice that touches many more lives.
Oprah. Pretty successful, right? Is she seen as salesy or underhanded?
Wayne Dyer. Deepak Chopra. Pretty successful, right? Neither is usually considered the epitome of manipulation.
These deeply spiritual people achieved their enormous success because they made peace with the idea of marketing, reclaimed it as something positive and figured out how to communicate with their audience in ways that align with their values. You can too.
As you have undoubtedly already figured out, there is a plethora of marketing and business-building advice and experts out there to choose from. The problem is that what they have to offer doesn't really address the specific needs, values and goals of the spiritually-oriented practitioner who isn't just out to grow a successful business but who wants to do it in complete integrity and alignment.
I have a strong spiritual core but up until about six months ago, it wasn't showing up strongly in my business. Like many entrepreneurs, I thought that if I wanted a successful 6-figure business, I had to do things the way everyone else was doing them, which effectively meant separating my "real" values from my business values.
It wasn't working for me. I don't mean financially, because as my business and marketing skills increased, so did my income. I liked that very much but something still felt "off" and was making it hard for me to find joy and fulfillment in the growth of my business.
When this discontent got so bad that I was feeling nauseous (literally) every time I sat down at my desk, I decided it was time to do the inner work needed to get to the source of the problem. I realized I was doing "what worked" (according to conventional marketing wisdom), but Spirit didn't have much room to show up.
The lesson here is how easy it is to lose your authentic voice in this process. You're not a cookie, so cookie cutter business strategies aren't going to work for you - just as they weren't for me. Typically, because the traditional marketing paradigm is seen as one of half truths and deception, we spirit-minded people want no part of it. So a lot of practitioners choose not to learn sales and marketing skills. But that's tossing the baby out with the bath water.
Sales and marketing are NOT inherently anti-spiritual. Nor are they separate from your ability to deliver your services. Sales and marketing are simply how you communicate the value of what you do to the people who could benefit most. (Any dishonesty lies in the intention of the marketer, not in the act of marketing.)
This is an absolutely critical mindset shift that needs to happen if you want to grow an authentically prosperous practice that touches many more lives.
Oprah. Pretty successful, right? Is she seen as salesy or underhanded?
Wayne Dyer. Deepak Chopra. Pretty successful, right? Neither is usually considered the epitome of manipulation.
These deeply spiritual people achieved their enormous success because they made peace with the idea of marketing, reclaimed it as something positive and figured out how to communicate with their audience in ways that align with their values. You can too.
Helen Graves, Your Spiritual Business Coach, is a sought-after
small business and marketing expert, specializing in mentoring
spirit-centered coaches, healers and practitioners to create the inner
shifts they need around marketing and money to get big results in their
business.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar